Shadow, Haley, Mike, Judy and myself headed to the West coast of Florida for our last week together. Our route took us through Alligator Alley with a quick stop in the Everglades National Park. We were turned away due to the park being at maximum capacity. Can you believe if you don’t get to the park by 10AM, you won’t get in? I’m shocked that there are so many people that want see the national park. I jumped out of Beulah to let Judy go to the bathroom and the park ranger said to keep her off of the grass due to the “wildlife” presence. It was exciting to spot the gators as we drove across the state, but after a while Haley and I lost count. Our first destination on the Gulf was Fort Meyers Beach. During a stand up paddling adventure through an inlet Judy and I got a little too close to a raptor nest. The baby started squawking so we paddled away. Shadow warned me that the mother is probably close and he was right. She swooped down on the two of us. I hit the deck and used the paddle to cover us.
The next day was spent on the beaches of Sanibel Island trying to surf some waves and icing Shadow’s hand that Haley smashed in the car door. The weekend came and we headed to Nora and Mike’s home in Venice, FL. Mike took us fishing in the Inter coastal where a duck that looked like a loon started following us. Shadow was taking a small trout off my line when the duck dove under the water and came back up with my trout in his mouth! Smart duck.
No comments:
Post a Comment