It’s been three months since we started our new chapter in life. It has taken a while for both of us to find our strides. Shadow is on the bumpy road of self discovery. After contemplating hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, he has instead decided to run the San Francisco Marathon this July and summit Mt. Rainer in the Fall.
While I headed off for another 15 days on the road, Beulah continued West to Corpus Christi, TX with a quick over night in Louisiana for a creole hoe down. The Texas beaches were a nice change of pace. Judy was allowed to chase the birds again, Beulah could make doughnuts in the sand, and Shadow learned that mosquitoes live year round in the lone star state. I arrived in time to spend a few days on the beach before we kissed the coast goodbye and headed inland. As we pulled out of the campground to head North to Dallas, the other RVers came out to say goodbye.
After driving all day we pulled into a rest area only to find that I left the water pump on from lunch which left us with no clean water for the night. Luckily the rest area was open all night with plenty of running water.
Our campground in Nevada, TX was out in the quiet farmland that surrounded Lake Lavon. A bird laid a nest with 4 eggs next to our site and the mother kept busy watching Judy run around.
Our main reason to visit Dallas on our way West was to see our family, especially our grandsons, Jayden and Kyler. We had a great time going to tee-ball practice, visiting the science center, and some “Papa” time. That was until one rainy morning. I was taking a shower and noticed that the ceiling was dripping. After further inspection, the sky light in our bathroom seemed to have been leaking for a while and finally began to show. I think I have said this before, but I’ll say it again. RVing is a steep learning curve. After installing a new sky light, 2 cans of expanding foam, and 6 tubes of clear caulk later, we were back in business. We continued our inspection of Beulah for potential leaks, and discovered that this was no different from living in a real house. Long story short...Beulah got her first bath plus about 4 more pounds of caulk.
With a few great dinners with some old friends (Flame, Jerriatrics, Landon, and Tony) we closed our chapter on TX and started to set our eyes on the New Mexico. I will miss hearing the neighbor donkey and his daily calls.
| Washing Beulah |
| Our new awning |
| The hole in the roof. |

No comments:
Post a Comment