Saturday, May 12, 2012

Island Golf


May 8th
I had listened to a podcast about Catalina before going and it talked about a putt putt course on the island which I thought was weird.Before taking the boat back to Dana Point and after shopping at the local store we made time to try it out.  I never thought I would say this, but that putt putt course was the coolest one I had ever played on.  The landscaping was beautiful and the holes were very inventive.  If you ever get a chance give it a  try, especially on your birthday.  If you register through Catalina Express' website you get a free round trip ticket along with dinner and a round of putt putt.  Another warm temperature day with a cool ocean breeze is a perfect way to relax by the harbor as we wait on our boat.  That and had my first Horchata. As we boarded the ferry for the ride back to SoCal and civilization, we watched a harbor seal swimming in the bay and saw several small orange fish, that turned out, according to California, to be the state fish of California. It was a beautiful trip with a good friend and we will enjoy the memory for years to come.
Avalon Harbor

Golf Cart Tow Truck

Waiting for the boat.


No comments:

We are Moving!

Exciting News! We are moving to a new website.  If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...