Monday, February 2, 2015

Judy the Wild Dog

I have delayed this post as long as I can.  November 6th we had to put Judy down.  Over our Summer in Alaska, she had some blood work done that showed her kidneys were failing.  We put her on special food for kidney problems and she started to feel better.  I’m not going to go into details, but it’s safe to say that it was time.  For those of you that have followed our journey since 2011, know that we were the Three Musketeers.  Judy was loved by so many people and had a life full of adventures with us.  

To say it’s been lonely without her is an understatement.  When I talked to my dad the day she passed he said “She will be a shadow.”  I couldn’t grasp at the time what he mean’t,  but a few hours after we left the animal hospital, it hit us like a ton of bricks.  Her shadow still follows us and her spirit will always be with us.

After adjusting to our new life without Judy, we began to explore our new home in Carmel, CA.  This part of California is beautiful.  Big Sur’s massive cliffs and endless views are truly amazing.  The little Carmel Valley Village looks like a page from Sunset magazine.  The people in Carmel by the Sea are another story…  Places like this make us miss the charm of the South.  Horns are honking and crazy drivers push us back into the wilderness.  

With Judy no longer with us, we started to contemplate where to go next.  Our two choices were Europe and the Pacific Crest Trail.  After much discussion, we have decided to hike the PCT this Summer.


No comments:

We are Moving!

Exciting News! We are moving to a new website.  If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...