It wasn't long before our gravel road turned paved. It was there we decided to end hiking again for a while and hitch into the capital, Podgracia. A couple stopped to pick us up. They spoke no English, but as usual, we made it work just fine. They took us to their home in town and with typical Montenegrin fashion we had a cup of Turkish coffee and pastry. Shadow and I used our phone to show them photos of were we had hiked. Their eyes lit when they saw a photo with the mountain village family. Turns out, it was their cousins.
Their yard was full of fruit bearing trees. Plum, apple, lemon, and pomegranate, olive. Along with grape and kiwi vines for shade. Upon leaving the gentleman stuffed 4 apples each into our packs. He walked us out into the street and pointed the directions for the bus station.
Shadow and I stood in front of the schedule deciding where we should go and what time. We knew we had a week and a half to explore the coastal towns. I walked up to the counter and ask for 2 tickets for the next bus to Cetinje. She told us the next bus was 11:30. Shadow and I looked confused. Our watches both showed 1:40pm. I questioned her twice before realizing both of our watches were set to show our altitude and not time. This confirms what we had expected. It's time to get back into the real world for a while.
Montenegrin Presidential Palace, Cetinje
Kotor














1 comment:
What a small world with that family that picked you up and the pix of their cousins!!!
Post a Comment