After spending the night in Minot, we crossed the Canadian border. They asked us the normal questions: Do you have any weapons, pepper spray, animals, liquor, tobacco… Shadow said, “We have 2 bananas, 1/2 avocado, 1 bottle of cheap tequila, 2 bottles of Hendricks gin, 1/2 bottle of Wild Turkey, 1 bunch of kale, 2 cigars, bear spray, a knife and an old dog.” Judy had her documents in order, but didn’t bother waking up to help. The gentleman asked us drive into a large garage and bring the bear spray. Unfortunately I could not find the bear spray left over from our Glacier trip years ago. I panicked looking everywhere. It’s amazing what you can lose in a 300 square foot house on wheels. I did however find a can of regular pepper spray that I use when running on country roads. We presented the spray and told them we couldn’t find the bear spray. Two officers boarded Marge (our RV) while the three of us sat outside and listened to the opening and closing of doors. They asked for the butterfly knife that Dad had given him for protection and confiscated that as well. It was a painless process that didn’t take that long. Our drive through Saskatchewan was just as dreary and flat as North Dakota, Booming with oil pumps and no sign of Spring.
![]() |
| Marge getting inspected |
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment