June 9th mile 923- Recovery time! Made the 16 miles to Skyland Resort in SNP for our well deserved zero day. 8 days and 124 miles is a record I have no need to break any time soon. Left our 75 year old cabin early to beat the record high temperatures. Made 8 miles by 10AM and stopped at a park wayside for brunch and groceries for next week. Bought enough over priced food to last us till Harpers Ferry. The three of us stuffed our faces so full, I wasn't sure our waistbelts on our pack would fit. Headed out fully loaded and ready to hike the last 8 to our next hotel. I kept my fingers crossed that this one would be better. During our afternoon walk we saw 3 deer, each with a foal. The last one came about 15 feet from us. Still no bears, although Shadow claims the poop we see on the trail is from one. Luckily we carried extra water again today. The 3 springs we passed were dry. I hate to carry the extra weight, but you can't drink enough out here and you have to ration it so you don't run out. Made it to the hotel and was relieved to see a tv, a/c, and phone signal! Can you believe it? I feel like I'm in the modern world. Had great dinner at the lodge. Fried chicken, pasta, and cobbler for dessert. Looking forward to breakfast and not getting up at 5:30AM in the morning.