June 30 - 1090.0 down, 1091.0 to go! That's right boys and girls, we made it halfway! Feeling another 10% better from yesterday, although my hiking poles turned into crutches the last mile again. Another great weather day in PA. No crazy rodent story. We were surprised to see ripe blueberries on the trail today. As with most produce, the all natural ones aren't as big.A light switch must have went off in Shadow's head today. I think it was the same one in mine. "We are only halfway?" which for me really meant, "I can't believe I have another 3 months of this crap" What it mean't for him was "I have to carry this crap another 1090 miles?" We look at each other and he says in typical Shadow fashion, "S#@ts about to get serious". And it did. The next thing I know we are ordering a lighter sleeping bag to SHARE, sending home the top portion of our backpacks, and having one shirt, one pair of shorts, 2 socks, 2 pairs of underwear (for me), and a rain suit. "We are going to be ultra-light hikers, baby" He says. Oy'veOur next stop is the half-gallon ice cream challenge for breakfast.
Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)
2 comments:
Finally you guys whittled down the wardrobe! Good job!
The real question though is, when is Shadow going to get an Osprey pack like the cool kids?
NEVER!!! Although I did get him to send home the top part of his backpack.
Post a Comment