July 1st Mile 1105- Another perfect weather day here in PA. We have really lucked out lately, although the creeks and streams are drying up. The 15 mile hike today was leisurely. After crossing our official halfway point, we stopped at Pine Grove Furnace state park for Hershey's ice cream around 9AM and had an early dinner at the Green Mountain Country Store where I found "Southern Style" Ice Tea and bulk rounds of sharp cheddar cheese sold by the slice or by the box.I've been battling an intestinal issue since Monday morning. Let's see. How can I describe it. Let's just say that I brown blaze from 5:30AM-9:00AM daily. I'm not sure if it's a bug I caught on vacation, or bad water. The weird thing is that I'm fine after 9AM. The town we are going to tomorrow has a hospital I plan to visit if it happens for the seventh day in a row.Feet are feeling better. If there is no significant improvement in the next few days we are going back to trail running shoes and just replace them every 200 miles.Meeting up with some of Shadow's family for a Fourth of July buffet on Monday.
Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)
2 comments:
What in hells bells is "brown blaze"??!! No, never mind, don't tell me! You always did share a lot about your morning constitutionals!! Ha Ha!
Best I figure, we were within 20-25 miles from each other today. I landed at KMDT (Harrisburg). Thought about you, but didn't stay very long- only long enough to drop some folks off and pick up some more. You're entering the area that I fly to a lot out of DTW now, so maybe I will get to meet up with you if I have a layover.
Stay safe...
S
Everybody Brown blazes!!! Just not in a cat hole like us ;)
Post a Comment