July 2 Mile 1120- Spent our second night alone at a campsite about 8 miles from Boiling Springs. We must be out of a hiker bubble right now, or we are the last hikers on the trail. I'm just being dramatic. Our numbers were 447&448 at Harpers Ferry. They count you as a thru hiker and give you a number. The ATC estimates that 1600 people started this year. If only 25% finish then 800 will make it to Harpers and then 400 will make it to Maine.Got to Boiling Springs for lunch with Flute Walker. It's a cute town with a trout stream down Main Street that made Shadow drool.We grabbed a burger from the local tavern and continued North. Before we started the AT, Shadow went to his doctor for some antibiotics that would help infection and Giardia. I started taking the one for Giardia and today, I had relief. Whatever I picked up is thankfully being over powered by the good drugs.Expect the unexpected on the trail. It's a common theme out here. We started the day in a stone maze and ended the day walking past a cemetery with graves from the 1770's in a farm field. Made it to Carisle, PA in time for dinner at the 24hr Middlesex Diner and a bed at the Super 8 across the street. That made 7 days without a real shower. I don't count the prison shower a few days back at the state park. You know, the one were if you don't hold the handle down water doesn't come out. That and you dont have a towel to dry with.
Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)
No comments:
Post a Comment