Sunday, July 17, 2011

Poke Salad Annie

July 17 Mile 1319-
Another great day in NJ. We have been pleasantly surprised with the state so far. I guess I thought the whole state looked like Newark and the people were from Atlantic City. Another surprise has been all the swamps here. I was expecting an alligator to jump out at one point. Most of the swamps have had beautiful lily pads covering them.
Ran into some trail magic this morning from a guy that has already finished his thru hike. He had a cooler of cold sodas and a bag for your trash that a bear had got into the night before. The trail here is full of ridge line views of the state. After lunch we came to an overlook of Branchville, NJ. It looks like a perfect mountain town with 2 big lakes. Stopped at a deli shop for an ice cream that I couldn't eat fast enough due to the heat. Still no bear sighting, although another hiker (Shotgun) caught one on video yesterday, and in one of the trail journals a hiker (Click) and her dad (Fulltime) didn't hang their backpacks and a bear tore one bag apart and bit a hole in their cook pot. Good thing we hung our bags last night.


Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)

No comments:

We are Moving!

Exciting News! We are moving to a new website.  If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...