July 13 Mile 1256- So take what I said about yesterday and multiply it by 2! Today was the first time I thought I would need a climbing harness. Most of the day was spent climbing Blue mountain which was devastated by nearly a century of zinc smelting. In 1980, the government put the affected area on the Superfund clean-up list. The book we carry says that the climb today was on of the most challenging scrambles south of New Hampshire. We were lucky to have a nice overcast morning with a few showers to keep the day cooler than normal. I know I have said it before, but this has been one of the most difficult days we have had so far. A reward for a hard day was a .8 mile walk to the Blue Mountain drive-in where we had a cheeseburger, onion rings, and a shake before heading back for 2 more miles.
Tonight might be the first time we don't sweat ourselves to sleep.
Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are Moving!
Exciting News! We are moving to a new website. If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...
-
October 4 Mile 2181- We woke before daylight and packed our bags one final time. We took only essentials to make our pack as light as poss...
-
May 16th- Breakfast for 22 was prepared by our "Localivores" (people that eat locally) at Woods Hole Hostel, and afterward ...
No comments:
Post a Comment