Day 25 - 3:30AM - BJ began "selling Buicks". We are thinking Mexican from yesterday's lunch might have been the culprit. He's been resting most of the day trying to feel better, although the first round of The Masters is today so maybe this is a Ferris Bueller Day...just kidding. I'm bugging him to drink Ensure and Gatorade for energy tomorrow. Whatever happens, we plan to enter the park before 4pm tomorrow in case Washington doesn't settle on a budget and the park closes. We figured if we could get to the first shelter, The rangers wouldn't come round up the hikers.
![]() |
| Snug as a bug |

3 comments:
Your next couple of hiking days should be easy. After climbing to Charlies Bunion, it's basically downhill (26 miles) all the way to the Pigeon River/I-40. Be sure and hike the side trail to Cammerer if its a clear day! Hope BJ recovers quickly! Best wishes to you two!!!!DZ
I couldn't wait to catch up on your progress when I got home from my first trip. Another 100 miles covered- fantastic!!
Thanks for the DZ. What a great hike! Glad your keeping track of me Sheila, hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment