Monday, May 9, 2011

Age of Aquarius


May 8th - After a nice quiet evening just past Hurricane shelter we headed out for our longest day yet. Our mission was to make Partnership shelter because Pizza Hut delivers. 
I have decided to stage a revolt against oatmeal. After 7 weeks everyday, it has turned into prison gruel. It was all I could do to choke it down this morning. I have some new food ideas for our next refill stop in Atkins, VA, but will have to see what the two convenient store town has to offer. 2 miles into the day we saw a trail magic sign. We followed the signs a half mile off to find doughnuts and honey buns. I never thought I would walk a half mile one way for a doughnut! Our total today was 19.3 miles including the mile for magic. The views were nice and the hills were rolling. You can see the green tunnel catching us. In the last 5 miles, I sent Shadow ahead to order our pizza. While eating pizza at the shelter we ran into Fuel and Dumbledore, a couple guys that partied with us back in Gatlinburg. Planning to see California again tomorrow. It was a long day, but we made it. 11 miles tomorrow into Atkins for a nero day then on to Pearisburg, VA.



Country Mouse and Shadow

No comments:

We are Moving!

Exciting News! We are moving to a new website.  If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...