May 2nd- Our seventh week began with a 16.7 mile day. It was our last day in Tennessee. The border is in 2 miles and Damascus is in 5. Meeting up with California for dinner when we get there. I'm not sure what's going on with my feet, but within the past week they have covered with blisters again! I'm assuming that my feet have grown. At this rate I could have a job in the circus by Maine. Hoping to find new shoes tomorrow. Flute took a pretty hard tumble yesterday, but has recovered completely. Found two stops of trail magic. One was sodas and oatmeal cream pies. The other was beer and root beer. Flute doesn't drink, but she grabbed up a root beer and carried it for 5 miles to have with lunch. I can't believe BJ didn't drink a beer. I guess even he thinks that 9am is a little too early. Stealth camping for the third night in a row. Sitting by the fire listening to Flute play the flute.
Country Mouse and Shadow
Location:Harrison,United States
No comments:
Post a Comment