May 29th- Our day was full of great views and ideal terrain for hiking. The 14.5 miles flew by. It's amazing the speed and endurance we have built over the last 11 weeks. Inevitably what looks like a hellish climb in the morning, isn't so bad once we get to camp in the evening. As bad as I hate to admit it, I guess it's time to increase mileage! The end of our day finds us just across the longest footbridge on the AT over the James River. It's Memorial day weekend and we sit on a rock watching red neck kids jump from the bridge into the water while listening to romantic Spanish music bursting from a Pontiac in the parking lot, all while waiting for California and his wife to pick us up for dinner. Somehow I pictured today's ending differently.As I was writing the post for today by the river, California and his wife Elizabeth arrived with cold drinks and snacks. They were nice enough to drive us to a B&B to meet our friends Tim and Carolyn from Nashville.
Country Mouse and Shadow
No comments:
Post a Comment