August 11 Mile 1643 -
This morning I woke knowing that my hunger cravings would be satisfied. The past two days I have thought of only one thing... Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun. That's right. A Big Mac from McDonalds.
The 17.5 miles into Manchester Center, VT was picture perfect. We started by climbing Stratton Mtn. (3,900 feet). A fire tower at the top was home to a 360 degree view of 3 ski slopes and the beautiful Green Mountains. A gondola runs on the weekends in the summer to bring tourist up and hungry hikers down to the ski village. North of the mountain was the majestic Stratton pond. The view was too good to pass up so stopped for an early lunch.
Ran into Bear Bag today. Haven't seen him since the Smokey Mtn. He is traveling with a girl named Hover. I talked him into my Mickey D's craving and he asked if I had tried a McKing. It's a double cheeseburger with a spicy chicken added to the burger. Sounded too gross for me, but Hover assured it was good.
As we hit the road 5 miles from town, the second car that passed picked us up. First stop was the laundry, second was of course to curb the cravings. I ate one Big Mac, large fries, root beer, and then went back for a double cheeseburger! After realizing what I did, I looked up to see Shadow's face. He was dumbstruck. It was all I could do to walk back to the put the laundry in the dryer without throwing up.
Ready for our zero day in this cute New England town.
Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are Moving!
Exciting News! We are moving to a new website. If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...
-
October 4 Mile 2181- We woke before daylight and packed our bags one final time. We took only essentials to make our pack as light as poss...
-
May 16th- Breakfast for 22 was prepared by our "Localivores" (people that eat locally) at Woods Hole Hostel, and afterward ...
1 comment:
I just spent an hour catching up on your last 2 weeks. It's really remarkable the progress you are making! We are looking forward to catching up with you in a couple of weeks. Keep on keeping on!
Post a Comment