Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm a Maniac

September 9 Mile 1904.5-
276.5 Miles to go!
I'm done talking about how hard the trail is. Every time I try to explain/complain I wake up to find the next day even harder. Today would have been easier if I had a belay rope. Shadow and I could repel down the cliffs versus climbing down them. Frankly I'm shocked that we only know of one person that has broken a leg. A lady broke her thumb going through the Mahoosuc Notch, which is what is on the menu for tomorrow. I found out Shadow has been keeping track of his falls. Currently he has fallen 13 times.
We clawed our way into camp at dusk. Dinner was eaten by headlamps. Not as romantic as candle light. A full 12 hour day to go 13.4 miles.
Now that the complaining is over. We have important news. Shadow and I have made it to Maine!!! We crossed the border just after lunch along with the 1900 mile marker. The weather was great. A high overcast with wind to finally start drying out the trail. Our feet were wet starting at mile 2 from the mud and bogs that is the trail. Another big day tomorrow.


Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)

No comments:

We are Moving!

Exciting News! We are moving to a new website.  If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...