Monday, September 19, 2011

These Boots are Made for Walking

September 19 Mile 2003-
We passed the 2000 mile mark today after heading out of Stratton. An early breakfast at the Looney Moose and we were off to our last big mountain range called The Bigelows. The sky was clear and the visibility was good enough to see Katahdin in the distance.
Today I found a snake that I actually liked. He had a diamond shaped head which means he was poisonous and had a bad temper. He was attacking my hiking pole. I didn't mind, and actually thought it was funny because he was only 6 inches long and as wide as a pencil.
I have a feeling more weight will be lost before the end. I can't take leaving town with this much weight in my pack. Ramen from now on. We can have variety when we finish.
I guess our bodies are wearing down. Hikers are having knee trouble from all the pounding.
It looks as though 300 miles was all I could get out of this pair of shoes. I had planned to make it the rest of the way with them, but the duct tape isn't working well enough. This will make pair number 6!


Country Mouse and Shadow still NOBO (North Bound)

1 comment:

California said...

2000 miles! So happy you guys are going to make it. Sorry I haven't been talking at you too. Just want you to know I'm still watching, and rooting for you guys. Almost there!

We are Moving!

Exciting News! We are moving to a new website.  If you would like to continue having receiving emails from us, click the link belo...